Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL Server debugging.....

Yesterday I had started my work at new work station. Very recently I needed to test a web application on localhost. I found that IIS is not installed so that I installed it myself. Then I hosted it in localhost and try run but showed me an error. Today I want to share with you how to solve this problem.

Problem:
After developing an ASP.NET Web application by using localhost as the Web server, and config the Web site settings in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) to use the localhost or specific IP address for Web Site Identification. Then, when I try to run the application, then receive the following error message:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL Server debugging.
Verify that ASP.NET or ATL Server is correctly installed on the server.


Solution:
After search in google I have found lots of solution. But suddenly remembered that I have insatalled IIS after .net framework installed. I hope that this error occurs because Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) is not functioning properly. Then to resolve this issue IIS must be registered with .net framework. You can registered IIS with .net framework by executing this command from command prompt:

>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i

Now its fixed my problem.
Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Method 'StartWorkflowOnListItem' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.FabricWorkflowInstanceProvider'

Exception: Method 'StartWorkflowOnListItem' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.FabricWorkflowInstanceProvider'...