Thursday, September 27, 2012

“The ‘VSTS for Database Professionals Sql Server Data-tier Application’ package did not load correctly”

After long time, I have got some relax from work pressures. I have got lots of mail about several issues. I had tried to give them hot fix with in a very short time. Sorry to everyone for my late response.

Today, when I am setting my new laptop I have faced a problem in VS 2010. Just run the VS2010 and got the error,
The ‘VSTS for Database Professionals Sql Server Data-tier Application’ package did not load correctly.
I don't understand why this is happening?

Potential cause:
This problem may occur due to install SQL Server Express 2008 with Visual Studio 2010 installation. When install SQL Server 2008 r2 on the same machine I had got an exception. So that I have uninstalled SQL Server Express 2008 from machine and then install SQL Server 2008 r2 but installation not completed successfully.

Solution 1:
I have got the solution from this link.
To fixed my problem I did the following tasks

Step-1: Run the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate  disc
Step-2: Explore  \WCU\DAC folder from disc
Step-3: Now installed the three packages from the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate disc and it fixed the problem right away for me.

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Data-Tier Application Framework with this command:
\WCU\DAC\DACFramework_enu.msi

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Data-Tier Application Project:
\WCU\DAC\DACProjectSystemSetup_enu.msi

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Transact-SQL Language Service:
\WCU\DAC\TSqlLanguageService_enu.msi

If required you can re-install the Visual Studio 2010 Service pack 1.



Solution 2:
You can also try with this solution though it is not tested
1. Open Visual studio 2010 command prompt
2. Right click on it to run as an Administrator
3. execute this command:  devenv.exe /resetskippkgs

FYI: For latest Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools visits here.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Really appreciating effort..this article solved my problems.
Thanks

Jin said...

THANK YOU!!!

The second method worked for me.

This problem happened in VS2010 Ultimate after I installed VS2013 Community and the installation failed.

Method 'StartWorkflowOnListItem' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.FabricWorkflowInstanceProvider'

Exception: Method 'StartWorkflowOnListItem' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.FabricWorkflowInstanceProvider'...